Financial Markets Overview
This is a basic level programme for those who wish to either begin a career in the financial markets in India or simply learn the fundamentals of capital markets. The course is structured to help understand the basic concepts relating to different avenues of investment, the primary and the secondary market, the derivatives market and financial statement analysis.
Who will benefit Financial Markets course?
- Employees of BPOs/IT Companies
- Employees of Brokers/Sub-Brokers
- Anybody having interest in the Indian securities market
Why should one take this course?
- To get a basic understanding of the products, players, and functioning of financial markets, particularly the capital market.
- To understand the terms and jargons used in the financial newspapers and periodicals.
Financial Markets Fees
Module Fees GST @ 18% Total Fees 1700 306 2006
Financial Markets Syllabus
CHAPTER 1: Markets and Financial Instruments
- Types of Markets:
- Meaning and features of private,
- Public companies;
- Types of Investment Avenue
CHAPTER: 2 Primary Market
- Initial Public Offer (IPO);
- Book Building through Online IPO;
- Eligibility to issue securities;
- Pricing of Issues;
- Fixed versus Book Building issues;
- Allotment of Shares;
- Basis of Allotment;
- Private Placement.
CHAPTER 3: Secondary Market
- Role and functions of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI); Depositories;
- Stock exchanges;
- Intermediaries in the Indian stock market;
- Clearing and settlement and risk management;
- Investor protection fund (IPF);
- And Do’s and Don’t for investors,
- Equity and debt investment.
CHAPTER 4: Derivatives
- Types of derivatives;
- Commodity and commodity exchanges;
- Commodity versus financial derivatives.
CHAPTER 5: Financial Statement Analysis
- Balance sheet;
- Profit & loss account;
- Stock market-related ratios;
- Simple analysis before investing in the shares;
- Understanding annual report;
- Director’s report etc.