Investment Adviser (Level 1 ) Certification Examination
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for all associated persons registered as an investment adviser and partners and representatives of investment advisers under SEBI (Investment Advisers) Regulations, 2013 and offering investment advisory services.
What are the course objectives?
- Know the basics of investment advisory, steps in the advisory process, making and implementation of the financial plan.
- Understand how to evaluate different products, their suitability and how the recommendation of the same can impact investment risks, returns and strategies in a personal finance environment for investors and prospective investors in the market.
- Get oriented to the
Income tax, Wealth tax and legalities of Estate planning in personal finance, and regulatory aspects underlying advisory.
- Get acquainted with financial planning as an approach to investing, insurance, retirement planning and an aid for advisers to develop
long termrelationships with their clients.
Course Fees ?
Name of Module: NISM-Series-X-A: Investment Adviser (Level 1) Certification Examination
|Fees (Rs.)||Test Duration (in minutes)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks* (%)||Certificate Validity#(in years)|
*: Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.
Benefits from this Course ?
Financial advice revolves around money, and the affluent individuals that most financial planners work with have a good-sized chunk of it, which means the conversations often turn quickly to investments, and how to manage them effectively. As a result, a lot of time is often spent on investment portfolios, asset allocation, and decisions about particular investments, including whether to implement them with passive or active strategies.
Investment Advisor (Level1) Syllabus
CHAPTER-1: Introduction to Indian Financial Market
- Understand the
macro economicparameters of Indian Economy
- Understand the features of Indian Financial Markets
- Know the structure of Indian Financial Markets
- Understand the role of the participants in the Indian Financial Markets
- Know the role of various Regulators regulating Indian Financial Markets (In brief)
CHAPTER-2: Securities Market Segments
- Understand the nature, functions, and types of issues in Primary Markets
- Know the role and function of Secondary Markets
- Understand the various types of various Corporate Actions
CHAPTER-3: Mutual Funds
- Understand the meaning and features of a mutual fund
- Know the key terms and concepts associated with mutual funds
- Know the regulatory framework for mutual funds
- Know the various types of mutual fund products
- Understand the taxation of Mutual Fund Products
- Know the investment options in mutual funds
- Know the processes associated with investing in mutual funds
- Understand the uses and processes of conducting systematic transactions
- List the benefits of investing in mutual funds
CHAPTER-4: Investment Products
- Understand the various types of small savings instruments
- Understand the various types of fixed income/debt instruments
- Know the various types of alternative investments
- Know the concept of direct equity as an investment option
CHAPTER-5: Managing Investment Risk
- Know the concept of Risk
- Know the Common Types of Risk
- Understand the ways of measuring risk
CHAPTER-6: Measuring Investment Returns
- Understand the concept of return
- Understand the various return concepts
- Understand the concept of compounding
- Know the computation of Real rate of return vs. nominal return
- Know the computation of Tax adjusted return
- Understand the concept of Risk-adjusted Returns
CHAPTER-7: Concept of Financial Planning
- Understand what constitutes financial planning
- Know the need for financial advisory services
- Understand the scope of financial advisory services
- Understand the business model for the delivery of financial advice to client
- Understand assets, liabilities and net worth
- Understand the preparation of budget
- Know the financial planning delivery process
CHAPTER-8: Asset Allocation and Investment Strategies
- Know the various Asset classes
- Learn about Portfolio construction
- Understand the concept of Practical asset allocation and Rebalancing Strategies
- Know the need for portfolio monitoring and rebalancing
CHAPTER-9: Insurance Planning
- Understand the need for insurance in personal finance
- List the requirements for a risk to be insurable
- Understand the role of insurance in personal finance.
- Know the various steps involved in Insurance Planning
- Know the types of Insurance Products
- Understand about the Life Insurance Products
- Understand about the Non-Life Insurance Products
- Understand the life insurance needs analysis (Human life approach, Needs approach)
CHAPTER-10: Retirement Planning
- Understand the retirement planning process
- Understand and estimate retirement corpus
- Determine the retirement corpus
- Learn about the various retirement products and their features
CHAPTER-11: Tax and Estate Planning
- Understand Income tax principles
- Understand Tax aspects of Investment products
- Learn about the Wealth Tax Act and its implication for clients
- Know about Estate Planning
CHAPTER-12: Regulatory Environment and Ethical Issues
- Understand the provisions of the SEBI (Investment Advisers) Regulations, 2013
- Understand the overall framework of the regulatory system
- Learn about the roles of regulators: MoF, MCA, SEBI, RBI, IRDA, PFRDA
- Understand the role of Self regulatory organizations
- Understand the provisions of PMLA, 2002
- Know the codes of conduct by SEBI, AMFI, etc
- Know the ethical issues in providing financial advice
- Understand investor complaint redressal mechanism