Mutual Fund Distributors (Level 2) Certification Examination
The examination seeks to create a common knowledge benchmark for associated persons, i.e., distributors, agents or any persons employed or engaged or to be employed or engaged in the sale and/or distribution of mutual fund products and advisory functions, in order to enable a better understanding of features of advanced mutual fund products, fund valuation, fund performance measurements, investor service and related regulations.
What are the course objectives?
- Mutual fund distributors and agents
- Persons employed or engaged in the sale and/or distribution of mutual fund products
- Persons to be employed or engaged in the sale and/or distribution of mutual fund products
- Students interested in gaining advanced knowledge of mutual fund products, sales, distribution and related regulations
Course Fees ?
Name of Examination: NISM-Series-V-C: Mutual Fund Distributors (Level 2) Certification Examination
|Fees (Rs.)||Test Duration (in minutes)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks* (%)||Certificate Validity (in years)#|
+ Inclusive of Service Tax. Payment Gateway Charges extra.
~ 36 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each and 8
* Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.
Benefits from this Course ?
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) now announces the launch of a higher level examination, for those candidates who wish to assess themselves against higher standards of overall expertise related to mutual funds sales, distribution and advisory functions.
Mutual Fund Distributors (Level 2) Syllabus :
Chapter – 1: Mutual Fund Structures
- Fund of Funds
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Real Estate Mutual Funds
- Venture Capital Funds
- Private Equity Funds
- International funds
Chapter – 2: Legal and Regulatory Environment of Mutual Funds
- Regulatory Framework for Real Estate Mutual Funds
- Investment Norms for Mutual Funds
- SEBI Norms for Mutual Funds’ investment in Derivatives
- SEBI norms with respect to change in controlling interest of an AMC
- Changes in Mutual Fund Schemes
Chapter – 3: Fund Distribution and Sales Practices
- Internet and Mobile Technologies
- Stock Exchanges
Chapter – 4: Investment and Risk Management
- Fundamental Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Quantitative Analysis
- Debt Investment Management
- Issues for a Debt Fund Manager
- Application of Derivatives
Chapter – 5: Valuation of Schemes
- Non-Performing Assets and Provisioning for NPAs
- Real Estate
Chapter – 6: Accounting
- Net Asset Value
- Investor Transactions
- Distributable Reserves
- Unique Aspects of Real Estate Schemes Accounting
Chapter – 7: Taxation
- Taxes for AMC: Securities Transaction Tax and Income Distribution Tax
- Taxes for Investors: Securities Transaction Tax, Taxes on Dividend, Capital Gains, Set-off and Carry Forward of Losses, Dividend Stripping and Bonus Stripping.
Chapter – 8: Investor Services
- New Fund Offer
- Open-end Fund
- Closed-end Fund
- Exchange Traded Fund
- Nomination and Pledge
Chapter – 9: Scheme Evaluation
- Measures of Return
- Measures of Risk
- Benchmarks and Relative Returns
- Risk-adjusted Returns
Chapter – 10: Asset Classes and Alternative Investment Products
- Historical Returns
- Perspectives on Asset Class Returns
- Alternative Investment Products
Chapter – 11: Cases in Financial Planning
- Practical Aspects of Financial Planning (cases/examples)
Chapter – 12: Ethics and Investor Protection
- Code of Conduct
- Safeguards in Mutual Fund Structure
- Regulatory Steps for Protecting Investors Against Fraud