Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination Overview
If you are an authorized signer on a Foundation account, you may access departmental funds by completing a Check Request Form and attaching documentation (receipt/invoice/etc.) for the expenses. You may choose to have your Foundation funds transferred into your college finance account (using
What are the course objectives?
- Postal agents
- Retired government and semi-government officials (class III and above or equivalent) with a service of at least 10 years
- Retired teachers with a service of at least 10 years
- Retired bank officers with a service of at least 10 years, and other similar persons (such as Bank correspondents) as may be notified by AMFI/AMC from time to time
Course Fees ?
Name of Module: NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination
|Fees (Rs.)||Test Duration (in minutes)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks (%)||Certificate # Validity (in years)|
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.
Benefits from this Course ?
Mutual funds are a
Two, investors can leave the job of investing the money and monitoring the investments regularly to professional Mutual funds are a
Mutual Fund Foundation Syllabus
Chapter – 1: Concept and Role of a Mutual Fund
- Concept of a mutual fund
- Advantages and limitations of mutual fund
- List different types of funds
Chapter – 2: Fund Structure and Constituents
- Legal structure of mutual funds in India
- Role of Trustee, Sponsor, and AMC
- Other Service Providers and their functions
Chapter – 3: Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Role of the regulators in Mutual Fund Industry
- Know the salient features of the AMFI Code of Ethics and AMFI Guidelines & Norms for Intermediaries (AGNI)
- Know the Investor rights and obligations
Chapter – 4: Offer Document
- Know the process of New Fund Offer (NFO)
- Know the Investment Objective, Investment Policy, and Investment Strategy
- Know the regulatory aspects of an offer document
- Know the salient features of Scheme Information Document (SID), Statement of Additional Information (SAI) and Key Information Memorandum (KIM)
Chapter – 5: Fund Distribution and Sales Practices
- Know the various distribution channels for mutual funds
- Know the pre-requisites for becoming a mutual fund distributor
- Know the elements covered in an agreement between a distributor and a mutual fund
- Know the sales practices and commission structure
Chapter – 6: Mutual Fund Products
- Product features of diversified equity schemes, fixed maturity plans, and index schemes
- Features of SEBI regulations on Risk disclosures and Return presentations
- Fact sheet and their uses
Chapter – 7: Investor Services
- Know the process of purchase transactions
- Know the processes of redemptions by investors
- Know the processes relating to systematic investment plans
- Know the processing relating to systematic withdrawals and transfers
- Know the other investor services and facilities offered by mutual funds.
- Know the contents and periodicity of Statement of account to the investor
- Explain the process for Nomination and Pledge
- Know the service standards mandated for a mutual fund towards its investors
Chapter – 8: Selecting the Right Investment products for Investors
- Analyzing needs and profile of the client.
- Identifying the ideal Mutual Fund product for investors.
Chapter – 9: Helping Investors with Financial Planning
- Need for Financial Planning
- Role of different asset classes and allocation
- Basics steps of financial planning.