Business Analytics Overview
- We live in Digital India today and the impact of business analytics couldn’t be more prominent. UID creation through AADHAR card, and other digital initiatives by the Government like MyGov, DigiLocker, Digital India, National Scholarship portal, Dhan Yojna etc. are all based on data collection and analytics
- Business Analytics and its related terms such as Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Mining, etc. has become a powerful tool for companies.
- What is Business Analytics
- Application of Business Analytics
- Career Path
- Course Outline
- Key features
- Study Options
- Details of the course delivery
- 3 Months weekend classroom program and Live Virtual classroom program
- Comprehensive course content making you Job ready
- NSE Academy Exam preparation via rigorous internal assessments
- On successful completion of training and assessment on SAS Base, Tableau, Text Analytics, SQL and Capstone Project, candidates will get Certificates from IMS Proschool.
- Placement Assistance – Interview grooming
- *Joint Certification from NSE Academy, IMS Proschool and NSDC. This level of certification is unparalleled in the industry*Our course will help you turn data into insights and hence implementable action with the help of techniques from statistics and data mining.*A three-month hands-on course revolving around data sets and case studies*Work on real business cases with hands on experience on Capstone Projects.*Get additional online training on SQL, SAS Base and TABLEAU.
Business Analytics Syllabus
CHAPTER 1: Introduction to Business Analytics Module
- We live in Digital India today and the impact of business analytics couldn’t be more prominent. UID creation through AADHAR card, and other digital initiatives by the Government like MyGov, DigiLocker, Digital India, National Scholarship portal, Dhan Yojna etc. are all based on data collection and analytics.
- Credit card companies across the world are using Business Analytics to find the most reliable (
Credit – worthiness) customer to lend to whereas Telecom companies are using it to find out the possibility of cross-selling, up sell or Customer Retention.
- Business Analytics and its related terms such as Business Intelligence, Big Data, Data Mining, etc.
hasbecome a powerful tool for companies.
- McKinsey predicts that by 2018, there will be a 50% gap in the supply of data scientists versus demand. Which clearly means that the demand for Business Analysts is increasing at a breakneck speed.
CHAPTER 2: What Is Business Analytics
- Business Analytics is the process of converting data into insights. It is “the extensive use of data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive models, and fact-based management to drive decisions and actions.” With the increase in the availability of data, Analytics has now become a major differentiation in both the top line and the bottom line of any organization. It is hence not surprising that research has shown that data-driven companies perform 5%- 6% better per annum. One of the primary users of Business Analytics is the Financial Sector. Models that predict credit quality, fraudulent credit card transactions and cross-sell / up-sell possibility are very common in banks, insurance companies, credit rating organizations, etc.
CHAPTER 3: Application of Business Analytics
- Analytics is the use of:
- Information technology
- Statistical analysis
- Quantitative methods
- Mathematical or computer-based models to help managers gain improved
insight abouttheir business operations and make better, fact-based decisions.
CHAPTER 4: Business Analytics Models
- Risk Analytics, Risk-based pricing, Fraud Detection and Prediction, Recovery Management,
Loss Risk Forecasting,
Portfolio Stress Testing
Marketing Mix Optimization,
Sales Performance Analysis,
Sales Pipeline Reporting
Supply Chain Analysis
Supply and Demand Analysis,
Supply Chain Order Fulfillment Analysis
Customer Life Time Value,
Customer Analytics Customer Segmentation,
Cross- Sell or Upsell Models
Customer Lifecycle Analytics,
Social Media Analytics,
Sentiment Web Analytics Analytics,
Online Traffic Analytics,
Human Resource Analytics
Human Resource Retention Analytics,